I was a personal trainer long before I was a momma. Now I have the great privilege of understanding my “mommy” clients so well! Today, I train a mother so different than I did in the past. My successful clients are my living testimonials. All of them would agree losing the baby weight isn’t easy! If you are a mom, this is why:
- You skip breakfast! Your signing homework and looking for that matching shoe. The morning flys by, but eating breakfast kick starts your metabolism for the entire day.
- You’re short of sleep! This one is a challenge, but your sleep is vital to a good mood, brain function and healthy decisions throughout your day. HINT: sleep whenever your baby sleeps.
- You’re still wearing maternity clothes! Toss the maternity clothes! Don’t have them around. It’s too easy to eat the brownie when your clothes are accommodating extra weight.
- Your focus has switched! Hey, I get it and I agree, our babies are our lives! But along with that comes a healthy mom! Give them the mom they deserve! A healthy mom sets the tone for a healthy family.
- Everything feels like a workout! An hour stroll through the park can certainly feel like a workout. But… It may not be burning the calories you need to get your goal. Know this, a 60 minute brisk walk at about a 15 minute/mile pace burns about 245 calories. To lose a pound/week you need to either cut out or burn 500 calories per day.
To make it all easier on you, I keep an active blog full of motivation, workouts, and easy “save the day” recipes. Take care of yourself and follow all my media channels.
Wake Up. Rock It. Repeat.
Health & Wellness Coach