Reasons why I like almond milk:
- a rich and creamy taste
- assists weight loss
- high in healthy fats
- keeps bones strong
- keeps skin glowing
- contributes to muscle strength and healing
- easy to make
- no lactose
Guys, making almond milk is super easy!
- flavor the almond milk by adding vanilla extract, salt and/or organic sweetener.
3 Steps to making almond milk
- Using a blender on high, mix all the ingredients together.
- Strain the almond pulp through a cheesecloth or nut bag. (I found one at our local natural food market for about $4.00). Gently squeeze the milk through like you would if you were milking a cow.
- Store in a glass mason jar and use in replace of dairy milk. Typically, almond milk doesn’t require refrigeration. However, I added greens into this recipe, so you need to store it in the refrigerator. It will last for about 3 days. So, that makes it easy to “wake up. rock it. repeat.”